Santa Ana, CA (Some Light Travel Required)
The primary role of a MASYC Developer is to understand and support the development needs of our JD Edwards EnterpriseOne clients. This includes developing applications, reports and integrations. Our developer serves as a resource to our clients and MASYC’s functional resources throughout system implementations and upgrades. The developer’s role focuses on understanding the client’s business requirements, then designing, estimating, programming, testing, and delivering solutions to the client’s project team.
Our developers must demonstrate an understanding of the software development lifecycle in order to guide clients as they transform their organization using information technology. He/she must take the initiative to understand the client’s business requirements and identify the opportunities that improve the effectiveness and functionality of software applications, tools, reports, and integrations.
This role requires advanced collaborative team work, organizational time management and leadership skills, as well as a disciplined self-learning work ethic. The MASYC Developer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as advanced interpersonal skills. The MASYC Developer must be a professional that honors integrity, responsibility, and has a passion for solving complex business challenges.
- Participate in programming design meetings by providing feedback and recommendations highlighting potential operational impacts and improvement opportunities
- Understand and accurately document client’s business requirements and unique business processes
- Work both independently and part of the collaborative MASYC team to design, develop, test, implement and support enhancements or fixes applied to existing applications and/or new applications
- Work with clients to ensure thorough testing is completed for system modifications, enhancements, and product updates to verify proper system functionality
- Record, prioritize and track the progress of new development through resolution/closure
- Troubleshoot technical issues and present an operational impact analysis/proposal documenting possible solutions to various audience levels
Critical Success Factors:
- Degree in Computer Science or related study
- Knowledge of structured systems design and object oriented programming skills
- Ability to demonstrate one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, SQL skills
- Technically inclined to learn new technologies in order to meet project needs
- Ability to clearly communicate commitments to the responsible Project Manager to ensure important deadlines are met on budget
- Some light travel is required